Thursday, November 4, 2010

Should "Fatties" be allowed to be on TV- MY OPINION

Dear Maura Kelly,

By now I'm sure that you have been berated enough to know that what you said was wrong. But do you actually believe that what you said was wrong? I know you posted an apology (which I'm sure you had no choice but to do if you wanted to keep your job), but that doesn't mean that you have changed your mind about what you wrote. I don't think you really understand what you have done by writing that blog. You may have contributed to the death of an overweight teenager, or to the subsequent torture of a, as you call them, "plump" individual. Because you are so prejudiced against "fatties" as you call us, you have basically written a permission slip for every bully, in every school, in every country. Way to go. Seriously.
I know it seems difficult for you to understand, but being fat isn't a choice. Yes, fat people tend to have problems with eating too much food, but usually there is a reason. Nobody actually sets out to become a fat person. Nobody wants to endure the endless stares of ignorant people, the constant jabs about their weight, or the hurtful taunts of playground children. No, Maura, nobody chooses to be fat. You said that you would feel the same way about watching an alcoholic stumbling across a room or a heroin junkie shooting up. Have you ever watched the hit show "Intervention"?? Because they show exactly those things happening. As do countless police dramas that air almost nightly on television. But I don't see you writing a biting criticism of those shows. So your claims that you aren't prejudiced are actually a lame attempt to cover your own ass. I'm sure you figured that nobody would actually say anything to you about it. I mean, how many fat people do you know that actually stand up for themselves right? We're just supposed to waddle on by and ignore your hurtful comments. I don't think so.
I see that you have had to deal with the public outcry and harsh criticisms about your blog. I don't feel sorry for you at all. Your apology was half-hearted and too little too late. Your excuses about being an anorexic were a disgusting attempt to turn the sympathy on yourself after you hurt millions of people with your words. Nobody hugs the bully dumbass. I'm not sorry that you had to have a taste of your own medicine. I'm only sorry that you had the poor judgement to write the blog in the first place. Shame on you Maura Kelly. Shame on you.

No comments:

Blog Archive