Monday, August 24, 2009

My family from Germany






For the last 2 weeks I have had the tremendous pleasure of spending time with some of my family from Germany. I love these cousins because I have the most fun with them when they come down to visit. My cousin Andreas brought his girlfriend Katharina with him this time. It is so rare that you get to meet someone who is as genuine and sweet as this girl is. I have had so much fun with her. We got along right from the beginning. She is so easygoing and our laughter flowed so easily. It has been a very long time since I have met someone that I could become friends with so easily. We shared so many laughs and created so many memories. It felt like the 2 weeks just flew by. It was such a breath of fresh air for me. Lately I have been feeling very down. Things in my life just don't seem to be going my way. My personal and professional life has been in shambles. But spending time with my cousins while they were here has helped me to appreciate life again. We had so much fun together. I really am sad to see them go. Today they left for the airport to go home to Germany. I can't remember the last time I cried so hard. I feel like I made a best friend for life in Katharina and I will never forget her. I can still remember when she arrived and was afraid to speak English because she didn't feel like she could speak it very well. But really, she spoke so wonderfully. By the time she left she was laughing and joking in English! I hope that they have a safe flight home. I am truly going to miss them. I will never forget you either Katharina! I miss you already!!!

No comments:

Blog Archive